You can create a Mollie account on our website. Complete the sign up process by entering additional information. To sign up, you need the following documents and information: your company details, information about your stakeholders, website details, bank account information and a copy of your ID.
Sign up process
Step 1: Create an account
- Go to the sign up page on our website.
- Enter your name, email address and a password.
- Check the box if you want to receive updates from Mollie.
Step 2. Activate your account
After creating an account, you will find yourself on the Get started page of your Mollie Dashboard. Click the blue button that says Activate account to continue the sign up process.
Step 3. Enter your organization’s details
Enter the information as it is registered with your local trade register.
- Enter the following information about your organization:
- The business location.
- The business name.
- The legal form.
- Your registration number (Chamber of Commerce number).
- The address, postal code and city.
Step 4. Enter the stakeholders
- Enter the details of the legal representative.
- Enter whether the legal representative is an Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO). This is someone who has an interest of 25% or more of the company.
- If the legal representative is not a UBO or if there are multiple UBO’s, enter the UBO at Add ultimate beneficial owner.
Step 5. Enter your website details
- Enter your website’s URL.
- If you use a third-party billing service instead of your own website, enter that billing service’s URL. Examples of third-party billing services are Exact and Afas.
- The name under which your organization is registered at your local trade register.
- Your organization’s email address.
- Your organization’s phone number.
Step 6. Activate the payment methods you want to offer
- Toggle the switch to the right of a payment method to activate it.
- Behind every method, you will see a button with Rates and info. Here you’ll find more information about the payment method.
- With some payment methods, a pop-up will appear when you toggle the switch. This will show additional information and sometimes you need to complete several more steps to fully activate the method.
- Read more information about our payment methods in our Help Center.
You can now receive payments. To enable outpayments, hit the blue button to enter additional information.
Step 7. Upload ID
Upload a copy of the ID of each legal representative.
- Click Upload ID.
- Select your ID type.
- Choose the way you prefer to upload the ID and follow the steps.
- Make sure the copy meets our requirements, or your application will be rejected.
Step 8. Additional information non-profit organizations
If you’re a non-profit organization, please enter additional information.
- Tell us whether you’re a Public Benefit Organization (PBO).
- Enter the countries your organization is active in or that benefit from your organization’s activities.
- Click Next.
Step 9. Add your bank account
- Enter your business IBAN bank account number. We will transfer money to this account.
- Make sure your bank account meets the requirements.
- We will now check your bank account. You will receive an email once we have approved or rejected your bank account.
Linking Mollie to your website
We now have all your information, and you are ready to link Mollie to your website. We made a list of the possibilities for all types of websites or webshops.