When you give a refund to a customer, this amount is taken from the available balance on your account. If your available balance is not enough, the refund will be queued. We will process the refund when you top up the balance on your account or after you receive a payment that increases your funds.
What you need to know in advance
- There is a top up delay depending on what payment method you use. If you use a credit card to top up your balance, it can take up to 5 days before the amount is added to your balance. For payment methods like bank transfers or iDeal, the top up delay is 1-2 days.
- You cannot use PayPal or Klarna to top up your balance.
Topping up your balance
When you receive new payments, your balance will be topped up automatically. If you can’t or don’t want to wait for new payments, you can top up your balance manually in your Mollie account:
- Make sure you have issued the refund.
- Go to Transactions > Refunds.
- In the yellow bar, select Top up your balance.
- Choose a payment method and pay the amount. The amount is automatically calculated and consists of:
- Transaction costs for the payment method.
- Refund costs.
- Text message costs (if you set up notifications for text).
- The amount that you want to top up.
Please note you cannot change the top up amount. After you top up your balance, your queued refunds will be processed.
Removing a refund from the queue
You can remove a refund from your queue if you have changed your mind:
- In your dashboard, go to Transactions > Refunds.
- Select the refund and click Cancel.
- Choose Confirm.
The refund will then be removed from the queue.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact Support for help.