Our permit limits us to processing payments for companies, not private individuals. A key condition is therefore that the business must be registered in the trade register of the country of establishment, in the Netherlands this is the Chamber of Commerce. In addition, we can only pay out into a business account. So that is also compulsory.
In addition, as a payment institution, we have drawn up a policy regarding the products and services for which we do or do not process payments. This policy is rooted in legislation, but also in considerations pertaining to potential risk and reputational damage for Mollie.
Prohibited products and services
As a payment institution, we are under no obligation to provide a detailed account of our acceptance policy. We have, however, drawn up a list of products and services for which we cannot offer our services.
- Trade in prescription drugs without a permit, apothecary services or regulated substances
- Pseudo medication
- Steroids and nutraceuticals that could potentially damage the user's health
- Narcotics or illegal drugs
- Materials that could be used for the production of cannabis or illegal drugs
- Erotic or pornographic digital content
- Sex dating or mail-order brides
- Sex events
- Illegal gambling
- Binary options
- Penny auctions
- Financial products involving extremely high risks or dubious legality
- Cryptocurrency trading
- Non-licensed exchange offices or money transfers
- Non-licensed currency dealers
- Non-licensed alternative currencies, payment cards or balances
- Non-licensed investment products, investment information or advice.
- Any form of aggregation of payments or factoring
- The promotion of terrorism or political violence
- Imitation products
- All illegal products and services
- Any product that promotes illegal activities or provides instructions thereto.
- Stolen products
- Any product that presents an infringement of rules regarding copyright, trademarks and/or the privacy of others.
- Misleading marketing practices
- Misleading, unjust or indecent products or services
- Ponzi schemes and other 'get rich fast' methods
- Bypassing Card Scheme rules and monitoring
- Any product that could pose an unacceptable risk to Mollie's reputation