After you’ve ordered your terminal, you’ll have to activate it to begin accepting in-person payments.
What you need to know in advance
- The passcode for your terminal will be included in the box when it’s delivered. It’s also listed on the Point-of-sale page of your Mollie Dashboard.
- Your A920 terminal will arrive with a 4G SIM inserted. To activate the terminal for the first time, it must be connected to a wireless network.
- You should check your terminal for any signs of tampering or missing components before you start using it.
- If your terminal has a printer included, check that the paper roll is inserted correctly with the end of the paper sticking out of the device.
Activating your terminal
- Press and hold the power button to turn on the terminal.
- Quickly tap the home screen 3 times to access the settings menu.
- Go to Internet Settings > Wi-Fi & Mobile Network.
- Connect your preferred wireless network.
- Tap the home screen 3 times to access the settings menu.
- Enter your passcode.
The terminal is ready to use when it shows ‘Ready’ on the home screen. You can make a first payment to test that it’s working as expected.