Mollie is a financial institution that is regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB). We operate in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Act (Wwft). As a payment provider, we are obligated to regularly check your account, which we call periodic verification. Every account goes through these periodic checks.
Please note that if we don’t receive the correct requested information, we are unable to continue to provide you with our services.
What does Mollie check?
We check whether all your account information is correct and up-to-date. We may ask you to provide more information about the following:
- Your business registration number.
- Your website.
- The Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBO) of your organization.
- The products or services you provide.
What information will Mollie request for periodic verification?
What exact information we request depends on the account. We usually ask for additional proof of ownership of your organization.
- Why does Mollie need to know the percentage of ownership per UBO?
- What additional proof of ownership documents does Mollie accept?