With Klarna, your customer can make a deferred payment or make a payment in instalments. The benefit of using Klarna, is that they carry all the risks concerning payments and possible fraud. You, as a merchant, will always receive your money. Link Klarna to your Mollie account by installing the Orders API.
We support the following Klarna products:
With Pay later your customer can pay in 14 days after the shipment date in the Netherlands, Austria, and Germany, in 21 days in Belgium, or in 30 days in Finland. For a fee, the customer can pay in 60 days. This fee differs per country. Pay later is available for customers from different countries and has a different name in each language:
With Slice it, your customer can pay in 3 to 36 installments. Klarna does a credit check to see if your customer is eligible for this payment method. Slice it is available for customers from different countries and has a different name in each language:
You can link Klarna to your Mollie account by installing the Orders API or installing a plugin for your webshop:
- Download and install the Orders API or install a plugin for your ready-made webshop.
- Open your Mollie Dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Website profiles > Payment methods.
- Select Klarna: Pay later and/or Klarna: Slice it.
We check your request and will give you a confirmation in 2 business days.
Visible payment method name during checkout
When you link the payment method to your account, you’ll see the English name: Pay later or Slice it. If you want to display the translated name to your customers during checkout:
- Pass Locale in the Methods API.
- Add the translated name to your database or plugin configuration. You can find the available languages above at Pay later and Slice it.
Payment risks and fraud
Klarna takes responsibility for all payment risks and possible fraud. This means that you always get your money from Mollie. Just like you’re used to. However, Klarna has the following conditions:
- You can show Klarna proof of shipment.
- You will answer in 24 hours if Klarna contacts you.