When you create a Mollie account, we need to verify an identity document (ID) from the legal representatives of your organisation. Accepted documents include:
- Passport: the front of the page with personal information.
- Residence permit: the front and back of the card.
- UK driving licence: the front and back of the card.
This document is best a clear photo of the original physical document taken with a smartphone. A copy taken with a scanner or a photo taken of a document shown on a (computer) screen is difficult for us to analyse and often results in rejection of the document.
Requirements of your ID
Your ID needs to meet the following requirements:
- It’s a valid and non-expired document.
- The copy is a PDF, JPG, or PNG file.
- The file size is between 32 kb and 10 MB.
- The maximum resolution of the file is 64MBPx.
- The corners are visible.
- The copy is well-lit and without visible reflection.
Black and white scans are not accepted.
In addition to an identity document, there is a chance that we will also ask to add a selfie. We then compare this selfie with the previously added identity document (ID) to verify the identity of the legal representative.
The selfie can be added immediately after adding the identity document. When taking the selfie, it is important that the face is well lit. Furthermore, the head must be moved to the left and right during this process. The instructions for this are visible on the screen.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact Support for help.