You can make an activation request for credit and debit cards payments in your Mollie Dashboard. We’ll then check your website and make a decision based on our policy. This review usually takes 5-7 days and we’ll send you an email with the decision.
Conditions for accepting credit card payments
We have a stricter policy when it comes to activating credit and debit card payments because of the risk of chargebacks. When you make an activation request, we review your website for the following:
- Products or services that are allowed by card schemes.
- Shipping times and prices.
- Returns and refunds policy.
- Contact details such as a contact form, email address or phone number.
Activating credit and debit cards
- In your Mollie Dashboard, go to Settings > Website profiles.
- Click on Payment methods.
- Click the toggle next to Credit card.
- Choose which products and services you offer.
- Click on Send.
Supported credit and debit cards
We can process payments with cards issued by Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. We can also accept payments from the following co-branded cards:
- Maestro (Debit card, Mastercard co-branded)
- V-pay (Visa debit card)
- Dankort (Co-branded Visa)
- Postepay (Co-branded Visa / Mastercard)
- Cartes Bancaires (Co-branded Visa)
- Nordea (Co-branded Mastercard)
- What are the risks of accepting credit card payments?
- How do I prevent chargebacks?
- Can I change the spending limit for credit cards?
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact Support for help.