With Mollie Components, consumers can directly enter their credit card details in your website’s checkout. This means they will no longer be redirected to another page, hosted by Mollie, when the payment process begins. This makes the payment process faster and more reliable. Only with 3D Secure payments will consumers be redirected to their own banking environment. Because Mollie Components only applies to credit card payments, you can only offer it if you have activated credit cards as a payment method.
Make sure the Magento plugin has been updated and follow the steps below to enable Mollie Components. The first test version of the Magento 2 extension release including the Components can be found on our Github.
How does it work?
1. Log in to your Magento account
2. In the menu on the left, tap Stores > Configuration > Sales
3. Select Payment methods > Mollie
4. In the overview of payment methods, select Credit card
5. Select ‘yes’ next to ‘Use Mollie Components’ and tap save
7. In Magento, go back to ‘Mollie’ and tap ‘General’
8. Paste the Profile ID and tap save
You have now enabled Mollie Components. We advise you to check whether everything works properly, by making a test payment. Preferably, you do the test payment with a real credit card, to see immediately if the payment is successful.
Please note: if you don’t fill out the Profile ID or if you remove it, Mollie Components will be disabled and your consumers will be redirected to another page, hosted by Mollie, as soon as the credit card payment process begins.
In the documentation you can find which browsers Mollie Components supports.