If you want to offer Mollie payment methods in your Shopify webshop, you will first need to activate them in your Shopify settings.
What you need to know in advance
Make sure you have the Shopify “Owner” role to update payment methods.
- You must be the owner of the Mollie account to use it with Shopify.
- We have made some changes to the new Klarna payment app.
Activating payment methods in Shopify
- Choose a payment method and click the activation link in the list below. You will be taken to the Shopify app store page.
- Click Add app.
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- On the installation page, click Install app.
- Click Connect via Mollie and log into your Mollie account.
- Choose your website profile. This tells us which website you are installing the payment method on. Click Select profile.
- (Optional) Choose Enable test mode to test the payment method.
- You can use test mode to make dummy transactions before your webshop goes live.
- Click on Activate Mollie - [Payment method name].
- If you’re using the old Mollie payment gateways, you should deactivate them.
- You can tell the difference between the old payment gateways and the new by checking the name in Shopify. All the new Payment Apps have the name Mollie - [Payment method name]. Keep these ones activated.
Matching order in Shopify to payment in Mollie
The new Payment Apps use a different ID number, which might affect your bookkeeping Orders made using the Mollie Payment Apps will have a different description in your Mollie Dashboard. You will now see the Payment ID of your Shopify order (previously it was the Checkout ID). You can use the Payment ID to look up the corresponding Shopify Order.
Good to know
- All the Mollie Payment Apps will automatically show the payment method name based on the language settings of your customer’s browser. It is no longer necessary to install separate payment apps for different languages.
- When you deactivate the old version of a payment method, you are not removing it from your Shopify account. You will still be able to make a refund for a payment that was made with an old version of a payment method. If you cannot make a refund in Shopify, you can refund the payment in your Mollie Dashboard.
List of available Mollie payment apps
You can use these links to install the Mollie Payment Apps on Shopify:
- Credit card
- Klarna: Pay later
- Klarna: Pay now
- Klarna: Slice it
- SEPA Bank Transfer
- Gift cards
- VVV Giftcard
- Podium Cadeaukaart
- Webshop Giftcard