To get started, you’ll need a Mollie account. If you haven’t done so already, create a free Mollie account and set up your account. After providing us some basic details about your website and company, you'll be able to start processing payments within minutes.
Step 1 - Install Mollie into your Ecwid website
- Open your Ecwid Control Panel
- Click on 'Payment' in the menu on the left
- Click on 'Set Up Mollie'
- If you don't see the section as on the screenshot above, the other option to add Mollie is to pick 'Mollie Payments' from the dropdown menu in the section 'Other ways to get paid'. Do not choose 'iDEAL / Mollie'.
Step 2 - Connect Mollie to your website
All that's needed to enable payments in your Ecwid store is to copy your Mollie API key into your Ecwid account.
- In the Mollie dashboard, Navigate the developer's section
- Copy the Live API key to accept real payments
- Or, copy the Test API key to test payments on your website
- Next, navigate back to the Ecwid Control Panel
- Enter your API Keys
- Be sure to scroll down and tap Save settings
Great, Mollie is now connected to your website and you can start receiving live or test payments!
All that’s left is to choose the payment methods you would like to offer your customers.
Step 3 - Enable your payment methods
Mollie offers a variety of payment methods that help you grow on the global market such as Credit card and PayPal, or in local markets such as iDEAL for the Netherlands. You can enable any payment method you’d like.
Enabling payment methods for your Ecwid store is as easy as flipping a switch.
The only thing you need to do is activate the payment methods in the Mollie Dashboard and it will automatically work in your Ecwid store.
- Navigate to your Website profile in the Mollie Dashboard and click on Payment Methods
- Simply switch the toggle to enable or disable a payment method
And that’s it! Your store is now all set up to start processing payments through Mollie. Mollie does all the heavy lifting for you in the background so you can focus on running your business.