When you are subject to VAT either in the Netherlands or abroad, you are obligated to submit your VAT number to us. You can change or add a VAT number to your account via your dashboard.
Changing VAT number
- Log in to your Mollie Dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Organisation.
- Under VAT number (optional), fill in the new VAT number.
- Click Save.
After saving the new settings, we will verify your new VAT number with the tax authorities. The new number will be used after it has been approved and at the start of the next billing period.
Good to know
If the VAT number comes back as ‘invalid’, this could have two reasons:
- The VAT number you have entered is not valid. Therefore, always check if you have filled in the exact number you have received from the tax office.
- The VAT number you have entered is not valid for border crossing transactions. Because Mollie accepts payments across multiple countries, this function needs to be enabled. You can call the tax office with a request to enable this for your VAT number.