With Mollie you can queue refunds in a smart way when you have insufficient funds on your account. In short: you create a new refund, the refund will be queued, once you receive a new payment (and you have sufficient funds), the queued refunds will automatically be processed.
How does it work?
1. Go to Transactions >> Payments in your dashboard.
2. Select the payment you want to refund, you will see the payment details.
3. Click on ‘Refund’ on the top right of the screen.
4. Fill in the amount you want to refund and add a description. The consumer will see this description on their bank statement or in their online banking environment. When you’re done, tap ‘Refund’.
5. When you have insufficient funds, the refund will be queued. Directly after you click on ‘Refund’, a pop-up appears at the bottom of the screen with the message that the refund has been placed in the queue.
The status of the refund ‘Queued’ will also be displayed at the bottom of the payment in the ‘Refunds’ bar.
If you go to Administration >> Current balance in your dashboard, you will also see a message that there is a refund in the queue.
6. Once you have enough balance in your Mollie account - because you have received one or more payments - the refunds that are in the queue will automatically be processed. The status of the refund will change to ‘Refunded’.
Cancel queued refunds
Do you want to cancel the refund from the queue? Then click on ‘Cancel’ in the ‘Refunds’ bar (see image in step 5). A confirmation pop-up appears, where you click on ‘Confirm’. The refund has now been removed from the queue and will not be processed. Please note: A credit card refund cannot be undone. Here you can read more about the refund of a credit card transaction.