You can cancel a SEPA Direct Debit payment in your Mollie Dashboard. It’s only possible to cancel a SEPA Direct Debit payment if it has not been sent to the bank yet.
Cancel a payment
If the bank did not send the payment to the bank yet, you can cancel the payment in your dashboard:
- Go to your Mollie Dashboard and log in.
- Click Transactions > Payments.
- Click on the payment you want to cancel.
- Click on the blue Cancel payment button in the top right corner.
Refund a payment
If it is not possible to cancel the payment anymore, you can refund the amount to your customer in your Mollie Dashboard. If you refund a SEPA Direct Debit payment, it is important that you remember the following:
- After 1 business day, the payment has the status Paid, but can still fail up to 5 days from the day of the direct debit.
- Your customer can file a chargeback and reverse the payment up until 8 weeks after the day of the direct debit. If you also refund the payment, the customer will receive the amount twice. Please remember to let your customer know when you refund a payment.