Once Klarna authorises a purchase, you have 28 days to ship the order to your customer. The order is counted as “captured” when you’ve marked it as shipped. You can mark an order as shipped in your Mollie Dashboard or the Mollie App. If you need more time to ship and capture a Klarna order, you can choose to extend the expiration date in your Mollie Dashboard.
Why do I need to capture a Klarna order?
You have to capture an order to confirm that the order is fulfilled. Once you do so, Klarna can proceed with charging the customer and triggering a payment to you. By default, you have 28 days to capture a Klarna order before it expires. This is necessary to protect your customer and ensure that their orders are fulfilled. If the order expires, your customer will not be charged and you won’t receive a payment for the order.
Changing the status of a shipped order
- In the Mollie Dashboard, go to Orders and select the order you want to ship. This will take you to the order details page.
- Scroll down to the Basket section.
- To mark a single item, click on Ship in the order line for this item.
- To mark all items in the order, click Ship all at the bottom.
When all items in an order have been marked as Shipped, the status of the order will change to Completed.
- Open the Mollie app.
- Go to Orders.
- Tap on the order you would like to ship.
- Scroll down to BASKET.
- To mark a single item, tap Ship in the order line.
- To mark all items in the order, tap Ship all.
- Review the orders you want to ship in the Review Shipping screen.
- To remove an item, swipe left and tap Don’t ship.
- To lower the quantity of an item you want to ship, tap -.
- Tap Confirm.
Once all the items in an order are marked as Shipped, the status of the order will change to Completed.
Extending expiration date
You can extend the date multiple times up to a maximum of 180 days from the order creation date.
- In your Mollie Dashboard, go to Orders and select the order. This will take you to the order details page.
- On the same line as Expires, click on Extend date.
- Check the new expiration date and click on Extend date to confirm.