Your statistics page gives you a general overview of all your processed transactions in a period. You can use it to:
- Get information about your daily revenue.
- Gain insight into the payment methods your customers use.
- Track your business' performance.
What you need to know in advance
The total revenue at the bottom of your page may not match the total in your transaction report. This is because your statistics display all payments – including payments that have not been paid out yet and have settlement delays.
For this reason, we recommend you use your Balance Report to get an accurate overview of your current revenue.
Using the graph
The graph uses time as the horizontal axis and your earned revenue as the vertical axis. To prevent time-related issues (e.g. daylight saving time), we use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- To compare your current revenue to the same period a year prior, click the switch next to Show previous period.
- To change the time, input a custom period or select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly in the top right-hand corner.
- To get insights into your transactions, hover over the points in the graph with your mouse.
Please note: The day a transaction is listed can change depending on your customer's time zone.
Using the totals
Your totals give insight into your revenue, the number of transactions, refunds, and chargebacks you received, and the payment methods your customers used.
In addition, you may have more transactions than total payments in your dashboard. This happens when your customer pays using multiple methods (e.g. paying with a combination of a gift card and iDEAL).
Good to know
If a chargeback is reversed, the chargeback disappears from the statistics page. However, it is still visible on the chargeback page.