With SEPA Direct Debit you will be paid via an automatic transaction. This means that your customer doesn’t have to pay you manually. This is useful for recurring transactions, such as monthly subscriptions. You can activate SEPA Direct Debit in your Mollie Dashboard.
What you need to know in advance
- Recurring payments or subscriptions need to be set up within your own platform. You can use SEPA Direct Debit via your webshop in combination with a recurring payments integration or via our API.
- A customer has to give you explicit permission to take money from their account with a signature or authorisation.
Activating SEPA Direct Debit
You can activate SEPA Direct Debit in your Mollie Dashboard:
- Go to Settings > Website profiles.
- Select Payment methods.
- Choose SEPA Direct Debit.
We will check your request. We aim to inform you if you can use SEPA Direct Debit within 7 business days.
Your customer’s bank statement
With a SEPA Direct Debit payment, your customer will see the following on their bank statement:
- [Trade name of your website profile] via Mollie.
- Your virtual IBAN. We create this IBAN for each website profile with SEPA Direct Debit activated.
You can change the registered trade name of your website profile in your Mollie Dashboard. Go to Settings > Website profiles > Contact information.
You can find your virtual IBAN in your Mollie Dashboard under Settings > Website profiles > Payment methods.