Before we can pay you, we need to check your bank account. You can add your bank account details in your Mollie Dashboard. Only sole traders based in the UK are allowed to use a private bank account with our services. In all other cases, you need a business bank account.
What you need to know in advance
- We ask that you make a bank transfer of £0.01 to verify your bank account. Unfortunately, if your bank has a minimum transaction amount of £ 1.00 for bank transfers, we will not be able to return any additional amount you send with the required £0.01 verification payment.
- You may receive a warning message when making the bank transfer. This is because our bank is not part of the Confirmation of Payee service.
Adding a bank account
During registration, you’ll be asked to fill in your bank account details.
1. Enter your bank account details.
- Sort code
- Bank account number
- SWIFT/BIC code (if necessary)
2. Choose a payment method from the list to verify the bank account.
3. Click Next.
4. Follow the instructions for the payment method you have selected.
5. Click Complete account.
Approving your bank account
After your first transaction of £5,- or more, we will review your bank account details. This can take 5 to 10 days. We will check your account for the following:
- The bank account used for the verification payment matches the bank details on your Mollie account.
- The bank account holder’s name matches the trade name of your company.
- It is a business account. Exceptions for sole traders only.
If one or more of these details are incorrect, we will reject your bank account and notify you by email.
Why do I get a warning message when I make a bank transfer to Mollie?
You will get this message because our bank is not currently part of the Confirmation of Payee name-checking service. When you send a bank transfer to our account, your bank cannot automatically verify the name with the account details and will show a “Confirmation of Payee unavailable” message. This does not affect the bank transfer, so you can safely continue with the verification payment after checking that you have the correct bank account details.
- Do I have to use a business bank account?
- My bank account has a temporary account name. How can I have it verified?