When you sign up to work with Mollie, we’ll ask you to provide information about yourself and your business as required by our regulators. This includes your company details such as legal entity, information about stakeholders, website details and bank account information. We’ll also ask you to upload a copy of the ID for all your authorised legal representatives.
If your business is owned by another organisation, we’ll ask you to provide an organisational chart so we can better understand the ownership structure of your business. We may also request information about your stakeholders. We’ll ask about the percentage holding of each Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO), their date of birth, nationality and country of residence.
If your business requires a specific licence, we’ll request a copy of the licence when you create your Mollie account. For example, to sell alcohol you’ll need to provide a liquor store or catering licence. We’ll also ask that your website displays information in line with regulations around the products and services you offer.
If your business is located in Germany or the UK, we’ll ask you to provide business registration documents. The specific business registration documents differ depending on your legal entity and if your business is registered or unregistered.
If your business is located in the UK
- If you’re a freelancer or unregistered sole trader, you’ll need to upload a copy of your tax self assessment. If the self assessment is more than 12 months old, you’ll also need to upload a utility bill that is no more than 3 months old. If you don’t have a trading address, this supporting document can show your residential address.
- If you’re a registered sole trader, you’ll need to upload a copy of your Companies House Document. If this is more than 12 months old, you also need to upload a utility bill that is no more than 3 months old. If you have a trading address, we ask that this supporting document shows your trading address.
If your business is located in Germany
- If you’re a Freiberufler (freelancer/unregistered sole trader) you’ll need to upload a Steurbescheid. If the Steurbescheid is more than 12 months old, you’ll also need to upload a utility bill from your residential address.
- If you’re registered as a Gewerbetreibender (registered sole trader) you’ll need to upload your Gewerbeschein. If your Gewerbeschein is more than 12 months old, you also need to upload a Steurbescheid.
To understand if we can support your business, we might need to ask for more information about your business model and your financial information.
- How do I create an account?
- What information needs to be on my website?
- What identity documents are accepted?
- Why is Mollie asking for my financial information?